I am back for a month now. A lot has happened and I am still waiting for other stuff to happen. The feeling of living in an totally exotic germany has passed now. I am back in the normal grind of working and trying to find a place to live.
Somehow it is strange. I thought during my voyage that I won't have big problems with reintegrating myself into working life. What surprised me the most is the fact that I had no problems at all. I am working for my old company and have a contract that will last till summer next year. Maybe I will be working longer for them maybe not. Definitely I will be planning another trip in Winter 2011/12. I am looking forward to it. So I won't be building the big life with owning a flat instead of renting one for another few years. And I feel like I am not missing out on this.
Hey I am back in Berlin. The best city in the world. A city where you could go to supermarket in a bathrobe and the other people won't even notice your behaviour. Berlins tolerance towards strange behaviour is legendary. By the way the only good looking and styled people in Berlin are either tourists or stars. If you wanna blend in: Do the normal people stuff. In retrospect this is what I missed most. In SE Asia the people dressed down, because they don't want to appear rich or because they can't afford anything else. In Berlin there is no such hazzle. You can be what you like to be and nobody cares.
After travelling around in Germany for almost every weekend I finally slowed down this weekend. The last weeks where like living on the fast lane. Working again. Visiting friends and looking for a flat. A flat is a big problem at the moment. Either there are to many applications or the flat is downright a garbage bin. I will start looking for a room in a shared flat next week. I strained my friends patience enough already.
So life is back on track and I will soon find the time to start planning the next trip. With this decision my so called career is on hold and I am totally happy with losing the pressure. But I know, that in a while it will change again and I will need a new challenge. Hopefully the feeling will last till the end of next year and the beginning of a new drifting cycle.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen