I can't see anymore temples, tourists, t-shirt vendors, taxi drivers, lookouts, parties... the list may go on and on. :) I am ready to come home. But there is another 22 days of travelling left. I even stopped taking pictures here in Bangkok.
But let me tell you about my last few days first. After the nice tour in Koh Samui. I was so damn tired I slept the day and made my last long blog entry. The evening was full moon party. It should have been one of the highlights of my Thailand vacation. You know booze and dancing at the beach, while fending off pickpockets. ;)
It started alright, we were like 30 people from our hotel to go there and we filled a complete speedboat all by ourselves. The water was calm and sometimes the moon was showing. Arriving on Koh Phangan our group broke up immediately. I so don't get it. You have a lot of people who could party together in relative safety and the group lasts like ten minutes.
We bought our obligatory buckets and after a few minutes I went searching for the guy with Julian in tow. The guy (Ed from Malaysia) told me, that we should meet at the burning swinging ropes at the south end of Haad Rin. While making our way down there it was starting raining dogs and cats. Typical tropical rainshower. It lasted a long time and is probably the reason why the party did not really caught fire.
My evening was like this:
- Stupid discussion with girls from Guam. (If they are really from Guam I am from Mars)
- Political Discussion with a guy from Israel.
- Losing Julian somewhere on the beach. (I found him again in our hotel room.)
- Sliding through a fire ring. That was fun actually. Just the climb up there was not really cool.
- Walking around alone for a while.
- Finding the english girls from my tour yesterday and therefor not being alone anymore, but still there was no good party mood.
Let's summarize. Typical party. Quite boring and the beach bars on Boracay and Koh Phi Phi are definitely more fun.
We got home at 5 in the morning and after sleeping a while Julian and I went for Lunch. At lunch we confirmed the company for the England vs. Germany game. 5 english girls against 2 german guys. You know the history. Germany won 4:1 and the girls where not in Party Mood anymore. So Julian and I were left alone and we made our way back to the hotel.
We had a nice discussion about being on the road for to long. We both have lost our sense of wonder and the new. I still had hope that Bangkok will change that depressing mood.
The next morning Julian slept in, while I was having an early start to Bangkok. It was actually quite nice to have company for a few days. Six o'clock and 14 hours of travelling ahead. First minivan to the ferry port, than the ferry and than bus to Bangkok. Oh man, I should fly more often. The day was killing me.
I arrived at Khao San Road in the evening and was really happy, that my hostel was right next to the bus stop, so no need to search or fight with the taxi driver that I want to go to this hostel and not another one.
Walking down Khao San was cool. It was like I imagined this place. A nightmarket, lots of lights, lots of travellers, cool bars and dinner. ;) I lost that feeling after 15 minutes walking down the street. After dinner I went back to the hostel and slept like a stone.
The next day (Tuesday) I did the usual stuff. Breakfast at the Khao San Road Starbucks.
| Von 20100701-Bangkok |
| Von 20100701-Bangkok |
And getting a map and start walking. My destination was Siam Square. It was hot and I gave up shooting pictures after a while. I can't be bothered with it anymore. The traffic was bad and Bangkok is like almost all asian cities, simply not suited for walking.
| Von 20100701-Bangkok |
| Von 20100701-Bangkok |
| Von 20100701-Bangkok |
I made it to Siam Square, went into Siam Paragon, watched a movie, ate my Dinner at Soi Cowboy, was not ripped of by the taxi driver who told me, that he could not use his meter because of the traffic jam. Do they think that all tourists are stupid?
He offered me 300 Baht for the way back to Khao San Road. I said no way and turned around his second offer was 200 Baht. And I offered him 100. He said no and I went across Sukhumvit Road and flagged down a Taxi. I asked the driver if his meter was working he said yes and I paid 130 Baht because of the traffic jam and I gave an eleven Baht tip. From that moment on, I asked every Taxi Driver if the meter is working, and if not I simply slam the door shut and ask the next one. Yesterday evening at Silom Road it was taxi number four that had a working meter.
But I am skipping a chapter. Yesterday I did my laundry and wanted to watch another movie. I got into a taxi at four o'clock. Let me tell you it was the longest drive of my life. And even then after one and half hours the taxi meter just showed 160 Baht. Stupid tourists. I don't get it, why so many tourists let themselves be ripped of so all those taxi drivers think that I am an easy target, too.
I had a short look at the red light district in the evening. But I think it is rather boring, if you have seen the Reeperbahn or Amsterdam. Maybe it is cheaper here but all those people who try to convince me to enter a bar where so annoying, that I rather left early. The trip home with the taxi was 75 baht and not 200.
Today I am writing my Blog again. I have nearly no Thai money left, so there will be no action and tomorrow I am leaving for Phnom Penh in Cambodia. After an insane amount of partying I hope to find some peace again or something else to do, but I heard that Cambodia is worse than Thailand with all those scams to rip of tourists.
I still have the hope that Angkor Wat and Siem Reap take me once more to this place of awesomeness and feelings that every traveler should have but I am beginning to doubt that.
Two more weeks and I am back in Singapore preparing the long way home. Where ever that may be.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen