Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2010

The Temples of Angkor: Preah Khan, Neak Pean, Ta Som, East Mebon and Pre Rup

Temple Day again. The last of the temples missing in the Grand Circuit.

I am really impressed. I thought I have seen every style till yesterday but then there where again three temples that where quite different from the others and only the last two where repeats of themes I have seen before. All in all good invested money.

We were starting at nine this morning. Essentially it was to late. At that time to many other tourists where already polluting the sites. We should have been at the first temple at 7am. Most of the tourists are still at Angkor Wat looking at the sunrise and the others are still in bed or getting ready for breakfast. Heed my warning: You wanna do the temples as early as possible, at least this is true for the main temples around Siem Reap.

I won't write much about the temples. Here are a few pictures. You will find more as always in my Picasa Album.

Preah Khan
Von 20100715-Angkor
Von 20100715-Angkor
Von 20100715-Angkor
Von 20100715-Angkor
Von 20100715-Angkor
Von 20100715-Angkor

My T-Shirt is saying: SINGLE beds available. The Siem Reap Hostel. Cambodia.
It was the winners prize while playing Beer Pong against two english medicine students. I don't know where my partner was from.

Neak Pean
Von 20100715-Angkor
Von 20100715-Angkor

Ta Som
Von 20100715-Angkor
Von 20100715-Angkor
Von 20100715-Angkor

East Mebon
Von 20100715-Angkor
Von 20100715-Angkor
Von 20100715-Angkor

Pre Rup
Von 20100715-Angkor
Von 20100715-Angkor
Von 20100715-Angkor

This concludes my adventures in Siem Reap and the Temples of Angkor. Yes, it definitely was a late highlight. But there are so many of them. I always get asked that question which place I liked the most. The only answer I have so far. There is no best place but definitely a worst place and that is Thailand. Next time I need to go to Chiang Mai to change the opinion. Otherwise all the other places I remember have been great.

Tomorrow I will have a travel day again and I will be hopefully arriving in Singapore in the afternoon. I am looking forward to it. I am broke but still thinking about buying some clothes for home and maybe having a look at cheap electronics. Maybe I can get a real deal instead of "I make You cheap price".

Keine Kommentare: