So I was there, I did it and I moved on . Damn nearly the same sentence I was using on the topic of diving. It was really fun.
I was doing a two hour introductionary course. First we used a small kite like the ones you play with as kids. It was really easy, but you can't fly all those crazy figures, because this is not the purpose of the kite. So I was getting a feel for how to move the kite and it was ok.
After that we assembled a real kite, although still a very small one. While assembling the kite one of the more advanced pupils of my instructor landed his kite in a palm tree. Was nice to see, him sitting on the beach and waiting for help to arrive. They could somehow disentangle the kite from the palm tree without any damage. Otherwise it would have destroyed a 1500 Dollar kite.
After that the survivor went back to kiting and my instructor (Horst, Schwabe) walked into the water with me and the training kite. I should get the feeling for the power behind the kite, so I should hold his vest while he would start using the kite to get us swimming. Wow. Crazy stuff. I can't imagine how much power with more wind and a bigger kite there is to use. After getting a lot of respect I should hold the kite by myself. Playing around a bit at the 12 o'clock position. I had trouble keeping my balance but it was ok. The last step was I should drag us with the kite through the water.
Damn... maybe 10 seconds and the kite dropped into the water.
Diving is far more relaxing. If you are desperately in need for action You should have a look on kiteboarding. I will think today if this stuff is worth the 300 Dollar course or if the money is better invested in visiting some other places.
Maybe I should look for a Arnis or Escrima School. At least I know that this is fun and worth my money.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen