I stepped out of the ferry today and was greeted with a:
"Do You need a taxi, Sir!"
My reply was a simple "Yes, BellaVista Hotel."
"Only 375 PHP, Sir."
I turned around and walked away. 5 meters later the price dropped to 200 PHP because someone else wanted to drive me. The first one lost interest.
I said: "No, either 150 PHP or a metered taxi. You and I know that the drive will cost max 130 PHP for the metered taxi."
The guy tried to get some other people to rent him. But nobody wanted. Most of the taxis and people gone. He came back to me and accepted. I hate bargaining. If he just offered a reasonable price I would not have wasted 5 minutes of my life.
But this is typical for Cebu and there are to many idiots who are paying the first price.
By the way I bargained for 6 Euros down to 2,5 Euros and would not move while he offered 180 PHP. I hate bargaining. But otherwise I pay prices like in Germany. That is no alternative.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen