Freitag, 15. Januar 2010

Evening out with Gemma and Sarah

Yesterday I needed to take a big break. Going to bed early and just relaxing. Here is the story:

The evening before yesterday Gemma and Sarah, Sisters from England I met here at the dive shop, had their last evening on the island and we decided to go to dinner and have a nice time at the bar. Alcohol is to cheap here. Normally you pay more for any kind of juice or coke than the ordinary rum. So a rum coke would look like two fingers of coke and the rest of the glass is rum.

In my opinion that is really stupid because a lot of drinks are tasting like shit. Anyway after dinner we went to Exit a really nice beach bar where Mikki took me on the night of my arrival. We each had five different cocktails. So fifteen cocktails cost us roundabout 1500 PHP (25 Euros).

By the way never take an orange based cocktail like Tequila Sunrise on the philippines. They very rarely have fresh orange juice but a lot of this sugar powder with orange taste. So the sunrise was getting nearly undrinkable sweet.



At one o'clock we went home I believe. At the dive shop I asked them if I should bring them to their cottage or if I can go to my bed. They were ok with leaving me here. I greeted the guard and went in search of my bed.

I fell asleep quickly. Then there was a knock at my door.

Commercial Break for all the perverts out there. ;)

Grabbing my sheet I went to the door and on the other side was Gemma. She excused herself and told me that Sarah fell over in the bathroom, banged her head, it did not stop bleeding and there were no guards or receptionists at their low-budget resort.
So after maybe half an hour of sleep (power napping for the win) I put on my clothes and we went to their cottage. Not without myself forgetting about my key, locking the room door and forgetting my money. At least I had the camera to proof the night action.

We went to their room and tried to calm down Sarah. Finally we found some people and got a guide to a local clinic. The wound was luckily superficial. She received a painkiller and a tetanus booster shot. And she got a really nice head bandage. I was looking forward to take a picture of Edwin her diving instructor when he sees her with the head bandage. (It never happened because the next day she wore a flower-power-style scarf.) Then we walked back to our rooms.




I was really happy that my guard had a spare key for my room or maybe unlucky? ;) 4 o'clock in the morning I finally went to a peaceful three-hour-sleep.

So the moral of this story:
  • to bad that I like being a nice guy. (I still miss you J.)
  • don't book into a hostel/hotel/whatever without a helpful hand at night. 
  • check for your room key and money before you leave the room.
  • don't look to surprised when a girl knocks on your door at night.
  • don't be surprised that the cocktails and longdrinks taste bad on the philippines.
  • find a fresh mango juice based cocktail.

Keine Kommentare: