Dienstag, 26. Januar 2010

On the move again

My day started at 4:45 am. I really think that there are better ways to leave the island. Moving in a Tricycle at 5:30 is fairly fresh. After that waiting on the boat till the sun is up and the boat is full. Crossing the strait to Caticlan.

After that it gets annoying. Sitting in a 12 Person max vehicle with 15 Persons including the driver is really hard on my nerves. So I did the only possible thing and went to sleep. At least I don't know if something bad is happening.

In Kalibo I said good bye to my family and went on to get into a really small airport. I changed my flight from the destination Cebu to Tagbiliran on Bohol. That helped to avoid taking the ferry from Cebu to Tagbiliran, instead I had a transfer in Manila again and a 4 hour waiting time there.

Waiting in Manila was Ok. Nothing special. The next interesting thing that happened was the touchdown in Tagbiliran. 30 meter to the left and to the right of the plane where buildings. Small houses. Each airport I have seen before had a lot more breathing space. Tagbiliran has one runway and no room to expand. But the A320-200 could still land here.

The transfer service to the hotel delivered me at Pyramid at Alona Beach after a uneventful 45 minute drive. The only remarkable thing is, that Bohol does not look as poor as Mindanao. Maybe all the tourists are helping. Alona Beach is a mini copy of White Beach. I think I will be fed up in a few days if I need to stay in Beach Ressorts far longer. I am looking forward to Brisbane. Not so much to Christchurch (It is cold there. Not as cold as in Germany but still.)

I have a whole cottage for myself. And it is really big. Two levels. So if my character advances one level he gains the ability to sleep in a bed. ;) or maybe two queensize-beds. ;)  But I would rather have paid half the money for only a bed. Bud seems like that was not possible. No spare rooms in the acceptable price range and I don't want to risk it, to get here without a room.

Tomorrow I'll go to the chocolate hills. I am excited.

Keine Kommentare: