I expected my driver and guide for the day at 900. At 915 I decided that he is a no-show and went to organize another one. The good thing about the Philippines is the availability of men-power. So 15 minutes later I was on the way to the first stop of my daytrip.
The Place of the Blood Compact between a spanish conquistador and a local chieftain.
| Von 20100127-Bohol |
The blood compact is a sign of friendship. At least the friendship spain claimed for their colonies. Further down the coastal road are several towns with spanish colonial style buildings. Those who have been to latin america know what I mean. One time my driver that to me: "Yet another town." I found this amusing.
At the Loboc River we changed directions to the Chocolate Hills. There was a stop to hunt a Tarsier.
| Von 20100127-Bohol |
It is the smallest primate of the world and Yes, exactly, Your cousin.
It was nearly raining at the Chocolate Hills. To Bad and too many tourists.
| Von 20100127-Bohol |
But I like the view. Especially sunset and sunrise must be great. But I won't have the opportunity now. After this short stop we went onto some hanging bridges. Indiana Jones here I come.
| Von 20100127-Bohol |
We skipped lunch and drove to the oldest church in Bohol.
| Von 20100127-Bohol |
Unfortunately it was closed. So nothing to say about it. After an uneventful drive back to Alona Beach. I was bored to death in the afternoon. Good that I will be moving again in a few minutes. All pictures are in my picasa account.
I You are going to Bohol. The Driver/Guide and car cost about 2500 PHP for the day. A cheaper alternative is to rent some motorbikes. They cost around 500 PHP the day plus fuel. So you can explore more by yourself and the traffic is not as bad as in Mindanao or Metro Manila.
Alona Beach is really calm and boring. But if You are a diver you can do a lot of diving and other people can go on a dolphin watching trip. So if I would have stayed here I would be on a boat now playing with Flipper.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen