Donnerstag, 10. Juni 2010

George Town Heritage Trail (Day 1)

Yeeha. My first real day in George Town. After the really hard and long day yesterday I felt like sleeping in. I got at eight o'clock and was having breakfast. While making plans with Wes, Clint and Ed for the evening the girls showed up and after some talking we decided to walk the Heritage Trail together.

The George Town Heritage Trail is a walk that passes several older buildings in the World Heritage and Old City Center of George Town. Meleka and George Town are both included in the World Heritage of the UNESCO.

Somehow I was made tourguide and leader again. Ok... first I was fighting this important post with hands and feet. But later I resigned to my fate and it was actually quite fun.

We where walking down Chinatown, to our first spot. The World Heritage Museum. Here I got a better map and started guiding the group from spot to Spot.
Von 20100610-GeorgeTown

Several sights were closed. But we could make nice pictures of other places.
Von 20100610-GeorgeTown
Von 20100610-GeorgeTown

We finally reached the highlight of our tour:
Von 20100610-GeorgeTown

The temple of the Khoo Kongsi Clan was part of the movie set of Anna and the King. It is really impressive with loads of small details and if you are up to it, you probably can spent a whole day just looking and searching for new details.
Von 20100610-GeorgeTown
Von 20100610-GeorgeTown

In the Cheah Kongsi Clan temple, we found a nice small bonsai tree.
Von 20100610-GeorgeTown

Then we decided to have lunch. Like always it takes some effort for a group to come to a solution for the lunch problem, but it was worth it. We had a great lunch, before continuing our journey through the time and visiting some more places, before our group split up. Ed is still walking around somewhere. While the girls and I took Trishaws back to the lodge.
Von 20100610-GeorgeTown

While I was starting my blog entries, the girls were going to the Botanical Spice Garden and a Dinner Show with lunch. They are leaving tomorrow, like Wes and Clint. Ed stays till Saturday. Company may be secured, but it is again time to say Good Bye to someone. It really gets annoying at times.

In the meanwhile I have booked my Hostel for Phuket and I am getting ready to leave Malaysia. I still have two more days in Georgetown and on Penang. Only half of the Heritage Trail is done and there are several other interesting things to see, like the snake temple, Botanical Spice Garden or the beaches. Maybe I am doing a jungle trail again.

Keine Kommentare: