Mittwoch, 2. Juni 2010

Kuala Lumpur and the Petrona Towers

Another notch in my gun. We got up at a quarter to 7 this morning. We needed to be at the towers before 8. Otherwise it can be that you won't get any ticket for the skybridge. They are giving away only 1300 Tickets per day. It is totally free but we waited like 1.5 hours in the line.

While waiting Jonas and Stefan (Met them in Singapore, Kick-Scooter Tour) showed up. I thought both guys where still in Melaka. Perhaps I see them tomorrow again while we are visiting Batu Caves.
Von 20100602-KualaLumpur
Von 20100602-KualaLumpur
Von 20100602-KualaLumpur
Von 20100602-KualaLumpur

After that Stephen, Claire and myself walked around to find some authentic malaysian food. We nearly got lost, but where lucky. A cheap lunch later I am sitting in the hostel again. Planning my next steps.

I have identified three more stops on my way to Pulau Penang and Georgetown. Pulau Pangkor, Ipoh and Cameron Highlands. If I time everything right I can be in Phuket around the 20th and meeting with Julian again. A guy I met in Kiwi Basecamp, Christchurch a few month ago.

It is really interesting. There are so many places and still you are going to meet people again. That is probably because nearly all people follow the Banana Pancake Trail. I read about this expression just a few minutes ago and the most interesting thing about this: At several places at the Philippines and now in Melaka I ate Banana Pancakes for breakfast. ;)

By the way you read it right. I actually plan with Thailand again. They lifted the curfew and most of the other travellers say it is safe again. I probably don't stay in Bangkok but the south was not affected as far as the mouth to mouth messages are telling us. So it is actually as dangerous as before the problems and most of you who went to Thailand in the past did not think about problems before and the same government is several years in place already.

Keine Kommentare: