Sonntag, 20. Juni 2010

Koh Phi Phi

I need to catch up again, but it gets easy, when life slows down to a crouch. Wednesday I left Patong Beach for Koh Phi Phi. Hopefully finding a nicer place to be.

My short trip with minivan and ferry should take me like three hours to get to the island of P.P. (spell PeePee). At least I thought so, that was when my odyssey started. My minivan pickup was late and I began to wonder, why I needed to be ready at 7:30am. The reception explained that because of the low-season there is only one ferry in the morning. That was such a lie.

When I finally got picked up I wondered if I will be able to make the ferry. All other people on the minivan where heading for different destinations. A while later it was nearing ferry departure time and I was still somewhere on Phuket and not anywhere near the ferry terminal. So I asked. The driver explained to me in his broken english: You are going to Krabi and catching the ferry from there.

Big surprise. Four hour minivan drive to Krabi. Going all the way around the bay. So stupid. I resigned to my fate. Four hours later, I was waiting at the minivan terminal for another hour before I got transferred to the Krabi Ferry Terminal, but only after I payed another 450Baht for the ferry ticket. Patience, young Padawan, I thought to myself. I got scammed, while booking through my hostel. It definitely feels that way.
Von 20100617-KohPiPi

Another hour waiting at the terminal. Two more hours later I finally arrived in P.P. and was greeted with a nice totally touristic and laid back town. Everything can be reached with bicycle, feet or boat. There are no cars on P.P. and I doubt that there is a petrol station. It reminded me a lot of Boracay, albeit smaller and more like a cheap copy. Especially when I got to the main beach.
Von 20100617-KohPiPi

I relaxed the afternoon away after being on the road for nearly nine hours. While waiting for dinner at breakers. My irish roommates from Penang showed up. I had the hope to meet them here, but I was everything else but sure, that we can do it. The evening company was secured. :) We went to the banana bar, a rooftop bar with a really chilly atmosphere. There I was shown, what tourists are drinking here at night time. Buckets. Small buckets where the vendor drops a full bottle of hard alcoholics and fills the rest up with the softdrink of choice. I never bought one or drank from one. ;) But I got drunk just from watching the other people buy that stuff.

While waiting on the streets the girls and I heard someone calling my name. A look to the right really got a surprise out of me. Clint, one of the americans, I met in Tanah Rata and George Town, was here to. We decided to meet the next evening, because they where fairly tired from their day of rock climbing.

At the banana bar, there was some fun involved while playing and writing with blacklight color.
Von 20100617-KohPiPi
Von 20100617-KohPiPi
Von 20100617-KohPiPi

After that beach party. Dancing and jumping around at the beach and taking a fully clothed swim in the dark. To bad that someone stole Lynn's purse, while we where all watching the nightswimming.

I woke the next morning to the steady sound of a tropical rainshower. Nice. I wanted to make a tour on Thursday. The tour was not starting before noon, but I haven't had high hopes, when I switched my accommodation. I wanted to be with more people and changed from single room to dorm room and 10 euros a night to 5 euros a night. The room definitely felt that way. But it was the only dorm I found.

The tour was on. :) The sun was sometimes shining and we had a lot of fun. The other tourists where a bit jealous when I told them that I am travelling since December, because they were on their yearly vacation. Especially tough was the irish couple. A two weeks vacation, where they spent almost five days for transportation.

First stop. Monkey beach. Ok. Done that several times. I took no pictures. Next please.

Second stop. Snorkeling with sharks. That should have been a new one for me. I did not see any sharks though. Maybe they have seen me and thought, there must be something more tasty to eat. Next time I am doing something like a vacation I will have a waterproof camera.

Third stop. Cliff jumping. Yeehaa. I did it. Another jumping, diving thing done. :) It was the smallest cliff. Seven meter high, but no way I am gonna drop myself 20 meter into almost black water like our guide.

Then we were off to Koh Phi Phi Lee. A small island next to Koh Phi Phi Don where all the action is.
Von 20100617-KohPiPi

Fourth stop. Swimming in a lagoon and lunch. Really nice. I can't remember if I have ever done something like that.
Von 20100617-KohPiPi
Von 20100617-KohPiPi

Fifth stop. Going to the beach of the movie The Beach with Leonardo DiCaprio. Nice beach. ;) Mayabay is the name, if someone cares to know.
Von 20100617-KohPiPi
Von 20100617-KohPiPi
Von 20100617-KohPiPi
Von 20100617-KohPiPi

After having a few hours there, we where on a small boat in a little bit of a rough sea and it was not funny.
Von 20100617-KohPiPi

I stopped taking pictures and fought a long while not to puke. ;) We skipped the cloudy sunset.

The rest of the last days can be recounted on fast forward, because not much was happening. I met with Wes and Clint the next day. Banana Bar and Beach Party again. I left Koh Phi Phi on Friday because it was getting to expensive for my taste and I haven't found a nice laid back backpackers place, where you can just chill instead of going to parties.

So Phuket again and more importantly Patong again. I so don't know why I went back here. But after my experience with the way to P.P. I wanted to make sure, that I am at a place where I can watch the game. I did not like the idea to miss it, because I was still on the road or searching for an appropriate venue.

My facebook comment after the game was like this:
*cry* Germany lost, my EC-Cash Card is not working, outside is party and I am out of money.
After transferring some money that card was immediately working again. I had a few beers, no company and made my way to bed alone early. ;)

Yesterday I was on the chilling mission. I finally found a cinema and watched the A-Team. Fun and sometimes hilarious but never as good as the original. Two more days here in Phuket, till Julian from Kiwi Basecamp shows up and Thursday we will be leaving for Koh Samui and the Full Moon Party on Saturday.

Don't expect any blog entries. Not much is happening right now.

Keine Kommentare: