Dienstag, 1. Juni 2010

The Real Backpacker: 36 hours in Melaka

Somehow after leaving Singapore I really had the feeling of the real backpacker life. You know the one I imagined. Finally I was the only person on the bus, who did not understand the local language. Having no real plan where I should go next. A big backpack on my back and sweating slowly my live away.

Four and half hours later I reached Melaka Sentral and for the first time I was not so sure, if travelling alone is still fun. But looking around told me nothing special here. Just another bus station in a hot country. Been there, done that, waiting for the fun to begin in a country that is not mainly english speaking like the last one in December (Germany).

Melaka is a great city. It is a world heritage city and if you have a look at center and all the museums You simply know why. This city smells and cries out History. Owned by the portuguese, dutch and english it is a city with many interesting facets.

Von 20100530-Melaka
Von 20100530-Melaka
Von 20100530-Melaka
Von 20100530-Melaka

I visited the Stadthuys and several museums. That was really fun but the weather was really challenging for outdoor sightseeing and I caught a cold. I am coughing and sneezing since yesterday. I did not do many pictures and I did not stay as long as the city deserves but I wanted to do something else.

I am still unsure about what I wanted to see and do. But I packed my stuff one day earlier and went to the bus station. I am in Kuala Lumpur now. It is raining and I have finally booked my flight back to germany. Alea acta est. 22nd of July will be the end of this amazing trip.

Now I need to find some more motivation for Malaysia. I should search for a nice beach in the next days.

Keine Kommentare: