Montag, 7. Juni 2010

One day in the Cameron Highlands

Some days are simply amazing. Today was not one of them. :)

But nevertheless I had a great time. The last two days where pretty slow, that's why I decided yesterday afternoon, that I need to make a tour.

Daytour Cameron Highlands.

Pickup was at a quarter to nine at the lodge. Where I met one english guy and two americans from Tennessee. We picked up an asian family a short while later and where ready to go. First objective: Moving with a 4WD into the jungle. It was actually sometimes rather to exciting. Especially when our guide took like three tries to climb the hill. But we made it.
Von 20100607-CameronHighlands

After that our hike began. Half an hour walking through the bush. I forgot my insect repellent. Luckily Ed was prepared.
Von 20100607-CameronHighlands
Von 20100607-CameronHighlands

After several steep climbs we reached our first destination. A rather big flower thingy.
Von 20100607-CameronHighlands

Back on the trail again, we moved to a waterfall.
Von 20100607-CameronHighlands
I so don't care about waterfalls anymore.

But the insects and plants where cool. Ginger:
Von 20100607-CameronHighlands
Dragonfly:
Von 20100607-CameronHighlands
Mushroom:
Von 20100607-CameronHighlands
Freshwater anaconda:
Von 20100607-CameronHighlands

After lunch we went to the BOH Tea Plantation. They are closed on mondays. But we had short look around.
Von 20100607-CameronHighlands
Von 20100607-CameronHighlands
Von 20100607-CameronHighlands

After that up to a lookout. 1.5 km before the intended destination our car broke down. Overheated. So we started walking to our final destination 2051m above sea level.
Von 20100607-CameronHighlands
Von 20100607-CameronHighlands

Another short bushwalk later we decided to omit the Butterflies and to go to the strawberry farm as last stop.
Von 20100607-CameronHighlands

A real funny trip. But I am a little bit tired now. I meet the guys in a few minutes for a beer and then it is packing and getting ready for George Town on Pulau Penang.

Keine Kommentare: