Samstag, 26. Juni 2010

Last days in Phuket and first days in Koh Samui.

Six days passed since my last post. I am still alive and nothing noteworthy was happening. After leaving Koh Phi Phi I was a few days in Patong Beach again. I did not want to miss the Germany vs. Serbia match. So I took the easy way because I knew where I could watch the match.

It is not difficult to find a place to watch the match. It gets interesting if you like to have some people around you and a running english commentary.

The most impressive thing I did in Patong was getting a massage from fishes.
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui

It is very tickling, but all the other tourists seeing me sitting there where really annoying.

I left the Beach for Phuket Town where I was staying for three nights. I met Julian from Kiwi Basecamp there and now we are travelling together for a few days. I did not much these days. Mostly chilling at the fantastic hostel, including one full day watching only DVDs. I finally saw The Beach. ;) Late at night we watched Ghana loosing against and Germany and had only 3 hours of sleep.

On the 24th we left for Koh Samui. Minivan, Bus, Ferry, Minivan and all in all eleven hours later we arrived in Chaweng Beach in our hotel. Important things first we booked the ferry to the full moon party on Koh Pha Ngan. I was feeling a bit like doing a tour the next day. So while Julian was chilling I went on an adventure trip yesterday.

Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui

This one was really not that good at first. I was the only one on my tour. It was so boring. There were 5 english girls from our hotel going on nearly the same tour, they did some elephant riding while I was doing some zip lining. That was the only difference. I so don't get it, why I needed to do the morning completely alone.

First stop was at the grandpapa and grandmother rock. Some rocks that look like cock and pussy. I thought these formations where a bit nicer:
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui

Next was a mummified monk. I don't know if I was allowed to make pictures, so I did none.
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui

Now I was really bored. Two guides who did not speak english and me aching for some company. At least I got to do the cable rides.
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui
Even upside down:
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui

Next were some animal shows. Elephant, Monkey and Crocodile. I would not say that I have seen better, but felt lonely and thought that this all is a waste of time.
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui

The obligatory waterfall came next:
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui

This was the last stop alone. They let me join the other group and finally it was getting better. We went to a meditation glade with very nice stone figures.
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui

Next place was actually funny... The others got out of the truck with some sense of awe while I got out of it made the automatic pictures and thought another lookout. Maybe it is really enough. I should stop doing touristic stuff and I should search for a kind of normality. I really long for it at the moment. The day watching DVDs in Phuket was my best day this week so far.
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui

Our guide asked us, while we were having lunch if we like to visit another waterfall. It would extend our tour and it is a waterfall where only locals are going and almost no tourists. We said yes. Ok. The others said yes and I said nothing. ;) But it was actually the best part of the day.

We were really in the jungle and where hiking for like an hour up and down the waterfall.
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui

After this we went for a long 4WD drive along the ridge of the hills on Samui.
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui

We had a sunset.
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui

And finally seeing the big buddha statue.
Von 20100626-PatongToKohSamui

We arrived at half past 8 at the hostel. Another 10 hour day. I was so tired. So I sleeped in today. It is around noon and I will be walking around a few hours before we are of to the full moon party.

Keine Kommentare: