Sonntag, 16. Mai 2010

Rockpatrol (Day 1)

What a day. I am on my way through the outback with Groovy Grape Getaways. I am doing their Rockpatrol Tour.

The first day was fairly uneventful. A lot of driving until reaching Coober Pedy the opal miners town. There they build most of their buildings underground because of the same temperature all the year around down in the earth.

The first reasonable interesting spot was after lunch and nearly 7 hours of driving. We made pictures at a salt lake.
Von 20100515-OntoCooberPedy
Von 20100515-OntoCooberPedy

After that it was several hours again till Coober Pedy.
Von 20100515-OntoCooberPedy

Visiting a mine and some underground accomodations and homes.
Von 20100515-OntoCooberPedy
Von 20100515-OntoCooberPedy
Von 20100515-OntoCooberPedy

By the way the single most important event: I am in the desert and it was raining dog and cats. Can You imagine it? It was raining in the desert. I am really lucky guy. Freezing and being wet in the desert.

And it is strange waking up in total darkness of the underground. I don't like it.

Because of the rain our new bus driver is stuck with his bus somewhere in the outback and will arrive some time during the day. I will see what the new day in Coober Pedy will bring.

Keine Kommentare: