Freitag, 21. Mai 2010

Rockpatrol (Day 2) Coober Pedy

I know... I already arrived in Alice Springs, but I still need to describe my days in the Rockpatrol. Still same company. So this is a flashback into the past.

After sleeping underground for the first night I woke up really disoriented. If I did not made good use of my alarm I probably would have slept till lunch. Now this would be the only day of the Rockpatrol, where I would get a sleep in. On the other ones we always got up before sunrise.

Coober Pedy:
Von 20100516-CooberPedy
Do you see the spaceship in the lower left corner? It is part of the set from Pitch Black.

We spent most of the morning waiting for the people from the Desertpatrol who will be continuing their voyage with us. After a quick breakfast I gathered the group for hunting after some opals. It was fun. But we will not get rich from the few stones we found.
Von 20100516-CooberPedy
Von 20100516-CooberPedy

Next spot was the underground church.
Von 20100516-CooberPedy

After lunch we met the desert patrol on the main road. They were stuck in the night in mud because of all the rain.
Von 20100516-CooberPedy

Imagine this. We are in the desert and it is raining. It is raining so much that the red center of Australia turns green.

Coober Pedy has a golf club, too.
Von 20100516-CooberPedy

After watching the amazing sunset and having dinner.
Von 20100516-CooberPedy

We went to a Kangaroo orphanage and I could hold a baby Kangaroo in my arms.
Von 20100516-CooberPedy
Von 20100516-CooberPedy
Von 20100516-CooberPedy

Remember there are more pictures in the picasa album.

Keine Kommentare: