Donnerstag, 6. Mai 2010

Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie and Sydney

I am getting lazy. Not doing much except travelling from town to city to metro. And therefor I have not much to tell. Australia is way different for me than New Zealand.

In Kiwi-Country all people are far friendlier and I think more open. Australia is definitely more like Europe.

After having a nice few days in Byron Bay I went to Coffs Harbour, a sleepy little town half way between Brisbane and Sydney. Not much todo here so I visited the beach and otherwise relaxed my day away before leaving again.

Von 20100506-CoffsHarbourToSydney
Von 20100506-CoffsHarbourToSydney

After a fairly uneventful ride down to Port Macquarie I saw my first pirates in this town.
Von 20100506-CoffsHarbourToSydney

I was not inclined to get up at sunrise to see dolphins playing at the beach after the first night. And the second night I needed to rise at 4 am to make my coach down to Sydney.

I can see the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge from my hostel.
Von 20100506-CoffsHarbourToSydney

It really is a sight. Somehow it is the only interesting sight for me. It is fairly cold here, if you get out of the sun. And yesterday it was raining. I still can't believe how cold it is. I really like to move on into the outback in a few days.

Today I finally was able to make it to the Botanic Garden and Point Ms Macquarie, where most of the famous pictures are taken.
Von 20100506-CoffsHarbourToSydney
Von 20100506-CoffsHarbourToSydney
Von 20100506-CoffsHarbourToSydney

I did my complete program for Sydney already. But I will stay till Sunday. Tomorrow I am switching the hostel because I can't use my bulk vouchers here anymore. I am allowed to stay only three nights for 25AUD in one hostel. The hostels are otherwise to expensive. Sunday I will be going to Melbourne, I think with the night coach.

Another annoying thing is, that I seem to have watched all interesting movies. Somehow NZ is ahead of Australia.

One thing I am looking forward to is meeting Tanja again. A girl I met in Greymouth, NZ more than two month ago. At least she should arrive in Sydney today. I still don't have a plan for Melbourne, but Robert (Guy I met in National Park Town, NZ) offered me free accommodation. Perhaps I will pick him up on the offer.

Keine Kommentare: