Mittwoch, 26. Mai 2010

Singapore on foot and on kick-scooter.

Oh my gosh. Singapore.

If you ask me right now. That is the city to stay for a long while and probably working and living here. If you ask me tomorrow I definitely like to be somewhere else.

I have been here for two nights and I am thinking about extending over the weekend, before leaving either to Malaysia (easy) or going to Cambodia (a bit of stuff to organize). Singapores greeting was remarkable. Hot and humid, totally different from the desert in Australia right now. I felt a bit like coming home. If you like the overused expression multi cultural you may simply say Singapore instead.

Not much was happening the first evening. I got here at around half past nine and now I am another 1.5 hours nearer to Germany. The long travel home from New Zealand is showing it's signs. Only 6 hours difference now.

Yesterday I decided to take it easy, walk around and do a bit of shopping. Singapore really is the shopping capital of the world. After getting out of my hostel in Little India I walked down some roads till I found the temple of Kali. I was not so sure if I am allowed to take pictures and before I receive the wrath of the goddess, I rather forfeit taking pictures.
Von 20100525-Singapore

After that it was a long walk in the tropical heat till I reached a Starbucks and made a cooldown stop. After Starbucks I continued on to Orchard Road the shopping centre of SE Asia. Ever heard of Mall Hopping. That is exactly what I was doing. Going down Orchard several kilometers while hopping from mall to mall. I did some pictures outside too.
Von 20100525-Singapore
Von 20100525-Singapore
Von 20100525-Singapore

I finally have new shoes and two new t-shirts.

I reached my hostel at four in the afternoon. Two hours of relaxing my aching feets, before I went on a free kick-scooter city tour that is organized by the InnCrowd Backpackers Hostel.
Von 20100525-Singapore

Amazing I did not think you could have that much fun with these things. The group was awesome, too. Annoyingly many germans again. I got to see almost everything in the city and funny enough now I know a few germans who are talking english with me. ;)
Von 20100525-Singapore
Von 20100525-Singapore
Von 20100525-Singapore
Von 20100525-Singapore
Von 20100525-Singapore
Von 20100525-Singapore

Five hours travelling around the city. I was so tired. But I won't like to miss out on this. If you ever go to Singapore as backpacker. Go to the Inncrowd and take their kick-scooter tour. By the way I did it again. Most of the people remembered my name by the end of the trip. Is it really a good thing?

On another note I should have bought the Lonely Planet for SE Asia on a Shoestring here in Singapore for like 34.73 Singapore Dollars. I payed in Auckland 71 NZD. It is so unfair. ;)

Keine Kommentare: