Freitag, 21. Mai 2010

Rockpatrol (Day 6) Kings Canyon

I so don't believe it. It was still dark outside. And after a quick breakfast and a miserable night in swags, sleeping bags and moderate rain (At least my sleeping bag and swag where wet at the end of the night. Think about this, we are still in the desert and it is damn raining.) we went for the Kings Canyon hike. 3.5 hours walking in the rain.
Von 20100520-KingsCanyon

It is going up here. You see the red stairs between all the green?
Von 20100520-KingsCanyon
To bad that pictures are not that impressive.

Von 20100520-KingsCanyon
Von 20100520-KingsCanyon
Von 20100520-KingsCanyon
Von 20100520-KingsCanyon
Von 20100520-KingsCanyon
Von 20100520-KingsCanyon

Somehow I managed to put myself as focus point of this group. A lot of jokes where directed at me and then when we reached the Garden of Eden and the fresh water hole. A few said we go swimming if Klaus goes swimming.
Von 20100520-KingsCanyon

So I started to strip, but some still beat me to the water.
Von 20100520-KingsCanyon
Von 20100520-KingsCanyon

It was freaking cold. After a few minutes you were sure, that you are going to lose some of your toes. And the water felt like tiny little needles the whole time.
Von 20100520-KingsCanyon

Maybe half of our group got into the water. All the guys except Robert and 4 of the girls.

After drying up it started to rain. But we needed to walk at least another 3km.
Von 20100520-KingsCanyon
Von 20100520-KingsCanyon

Amazing hike and it would have been better with blue sky but at least it was not cold and definitely not to hot.

We arrived in Alice Springs yesterday and that ended the rockpatrol. I will explore the city now. But I believe there is not much to see. Three more nights, till I leave for Singapore.

Keine Kommentare: