Donnerstag, 18. Februar 2010

Bustrip to Queenstown

Yes, I still think it was a good idea. After seeing the weather above the lakes and the possible villages, where I could have slept, I must admit that I did not miss a thing.

Ok. On the other hand the bus could have gone a bit slower for my nerves. But at least I am sure, that I don't want to be passed by this busdriver while I am on my bike. I like my life. At least sometimes.


Cycle Tour New Zealand auf einer größeren Karte anzeigen

Most tourist die from traffic accidents and not from terrorist attacks. After seeing all those roadkills the last few days I am pretty sure, that I know who is responsible. Do Kiwis have a police? Are they really watching the traffic?

Nevermind my stupid rant.

The weather was still bad in Geraldine. So the bus was welcome. We went over the hills and Burkes Pass to Lake Tekapo. Watching the tourists and tourists shops I thought. Hell no! I don't want to stay here. I had the same feeling the next lake. Lake Pukaki. With better weather I could have seen Mt. Cook. But so just clouds.

The owner of the Geraldine Hostel talked to me yesterday and made a very remarkable statement:

Once You have seen the mountain. You have seen the mountain.


It really describes my feeling about some parts of the really awesome nature of New Zealand. Sometimes I thought: Oh. Austria. Oh France. Oh Sweden. Oh Bavaria. Oh Croatia.

I believe it is really the closeness that makes New Zealand special. But I can't say that I haven't seen anything like that before.

The most interesting part for me was between Omarama and Cromwell. Going up the Lindis Pass and down to Cromwell. I would have really like to do this by bicycle. I think I could have done it too, if there was less traffic. I am mightily scared about busses right now.

So all in all. The route that I skipped right now would be interesting. But it has a lot of traffic and therefor is not really enjoyable.

The weather cleared up 10 km before Queenstown. From one meter to the next.

Von 20100217-ToQueenstown

Tomorrow I will do my Bungy Jump and the Canyon Swing. 143 m or was it 134 m? I don't really care.

Keine Kommentare: