Cycle Tour New Zealand auf einer größeren Karte anzeigen
The landscape differed a lot during the day. First there was the ever present rainforrest. The kilometers flew past me.
| Von 20100227-HaastToFoxGlacier |
Until I reached Knights Point. Nice View on the ocean and still enough nerves to stop and take pictures. Even talking to bikers who where going in the other direction.
| Von 20100227-HaastToFoxGlacier |
It should have been my only big climb till I reach Fox Glacier. Who ever provided the information lied. After the Point it went downhill to Lake Moeraki.
| Von 20100227-HaastToFoxGlacier |
I have had a dream... No, I will not go MLK on you now. It was more like a hallucination in 2002 shortly before I was admitted into a filipinian hospital because of the dehydration fever. I saw a jungle rainforrest setting exactly like the picture above. A lake was before the green walled mountains. The only thing missing in the picture is the yellow american schoolbus. I still need an explanation for that, but I partly saw my vision again today. ;)
After that I should have reached the other Lake. Lake Paringa and there should have been a lodge. But it is saturday and the lake is famous for fishing so there was no vacancy. 66km more to go. I was feeling well and thought I can do that. (There are easier ways to kill oneself.) I knew that the next accommodation would be in Fox. So it was either stay or move on.
The landscaped changed from natural rainforrest to farms and back the whole way to Fox Glacier. Midway my left thumb started to refuse working. I still can't grip anything with the left. I hope it is just overuse. We will see tomorrow.
The next stop for lunch was Bruce Bay.
| Von 20100227-HaastToFoxGlacier |
Naturally I stopped at the wrong place and missed all the other people shooting pictures at the right place. If there is a right place. I was getting bored and aggressive in the meanwhile. Still so many clicks to go.
The highlight of the day was in the middle of nowhere. No. No Bikini babes for me. But:
| Von 20100227-HaastToFoxGlacier |
Don't know why. Don't know how. I think it is a campervan thingy. But it made my day.
I am in Fox Glacier now. I can't use my left hand properly. To tired. I am one day early. So I will be staying here for 2 nights. The next leg will be a short one. 30km. I am just moving to Franz Josef Glacier.
Have fun and stay tuned.
1 Kommentar:
Wow. Beautfiful. :)
Schön übrigens, dass du soviel Bock hast zu Bloggen. Ist wirklich schön... und ich krieg mehr von dir mit als als du in Köln warst... :D ;)
Keep having fun!
Kommentar veröffentlichen