Sonntag, 21. Februar 2010

Queenstown yesterday and Canyoning today.

Somehow I can stand Queenstown only because I do something all the time. This city is so touristic and annoying I believe that there are no Kiwis living here anymore. Otherwise I like Queenstown. The sun is shining and I have a feeling of summer.

Yesterday I went with the gondola up a hill and did some sighseeing.

Von 20100220-Queenstown

Von 20100220-Queenstown

I was not impressed by the bungy site The Ledge. I believe it will be an experience when you actually jump at night. But the staff-girl told me, that I need to be back in winter for that experience. *brrr*

So I did not jump again. Instead I decided to go canyoning today. You know: Somehow survive your way through a canyon. ;) Jumping, abseiling, rappeling, gliding, swimming and walking. Walking is the most dangerous part of this experience.

Those of you who know how confident I am in water will be proud of me. :)

Von 20100221-Canyoning

Von 20100221-Canyoning

Von 20100221-Canyoning

Von 20100221-Canyoning

So I am a bit disappointed. I wanted to go an helicopter ride plus montain bike trip tomorrow. But the guy in the store told me, that it probaly is not a good idea, because I never did a real mountain bike trip before. And it is fairly expensive with 300 something NZD. So tomorrow I will prepare my next bicycle leg from Queenstown to Wanaka. 15km climb and 40 km downhill or something like that.

Keine Kommentare: