Brisbane. I like the city. I would not live here. But it is busy. It is small and it has skyscrapers. :)
Monday to Tuesday I was on the trip to Brisbane with a short stop in Singapore Changi Airport. The Airport is still great. Carpets, warm colors, friendly and helpful staff. Everything You miss in Germany.
After 13 hours on the plane. I stepped onto australian soil. There at the border I got my first surprise. "Follow me, please. Sir." Damn I did not know what I did wrong. I definitely hope that I don't look like a terrorist and that I don't cross the wrong answers on the custom quiz.
It was an fairly straightforward problem. I got my visa from the eVisitor program of Australia. But I skipped entering my middle name, like I always do. I am lazy, You know? They told me, that it happens all the time and that they need to update my electronic visa. Stupid system. :) So after a nice chat with the police(?) officer. I went out of the airport and took the airport train to the city.
Stepping of the train was easy and my hostel (Base Central in Brisbane) is conveniently located next to the train station. As expected I took the wrong exit but I did walk the right street down without having a map and asked a local. Lucky me.
At 8 o'clock local time I arrived at the hostel. But my room is not yet ready for another 6 hours. So I went for the first sightseeing walk. Through the city over the river to the south bank. There is really nice Park with city beaches and award winning design. I liked it a lot. You can see the pictures in a few days. Inconveniently, I don't have free wifi. (I am at a café, but I am on a time limit. 45 minutes till my drinks and the wifi access disappear.)
After crossing the bridge again I found myself at the botanical garden. Everything is really conveniently located. Now I needed to find something to eat. So a short walk back to city center I saw a long queue in front of a sushi vendor. I could not guess why there where people standing on the street to get their lunch. So i had a look in the sushi store and nearly dropped my back and jaw. Really big maki rolls for 2.20 AUD. So a whole meal for me like 3 maki rolls makes roundabout 4.40 EUR. Back in Germany I would pay 3 to 4 times as much. No wonder that there are long queues. Healthy food cheaper than McDonald. I am in love with this city or Australia. Just kidding. But now I know what my lunch and dinner will look like the next days. Sushi Takeaway. No need to try any cooking in the hostel for this price.
My room is a cell. But I only need it for sleeping. So it is not as bad as it sounds. The toilet and shower are fairly clean but like the standard I used to have in the Philippines for this price. Maybe I should have stayed in Asia. It is cheaper and more comfortable.
I have two days left in Brisbane. I believe I will take the tour to cuddle a Koala. Or I try saving money and spent the days at the beach.
Like I said. The pictures follow in the next few days.
2 Kommentare:
What was your middle name again?
Ewald. Like my granddad.
Kommentar veröffentlichen