Samstag, 3. April 2010

Cycle Tour (Day 18) Tauranga to Whangamata (94.2km)

I survived April Fools Day and on friday I went for my last really long cycling day.


View Cycle Tour New Zealand in a larger map

The road was awful. In Katikati two canadians asked me how I fared with riding a bicycle on a high traffic highway. It is no fun I say. The road was really hilly and all the time the traffic was passing me I needed to be on my guard. After a while I was really fucked up and my brain was not working correctly anymore. I decided to leave SH2 and take a detour. Maybe seven km more and probably a harder to cycle road with more hills but at least I would have less traffic.

It was a great decision. I finally found some fun in cycling that day.
Von 20100404-TaurangaOpoutere

I was cycling through a really nice country side called the golden valley. Yes definitely worth it. After getting back on the highway the traffic picked up and I was nearly losing it. To many damn stupid sunday car drivers. After reaching Whangamata I was really fed up.

It was by far the hardest cycle day. Not because of constitution but because of the traffic. I am happy that I am on the peninsula now. Whangamata itself prooved to be a small backwater town where the most of the stores close on a holiday. But they have a nice beach and golf course. And I am missing the internet. So that is why my posts come a few days late.

Keine Kommentare: