Dienstag, 6. April 2010

Cycle Tour (Day 20) Opoutere to Whitianga (65km)

Yesterday I was going up the coast again.


View Cycle Tour New Zealand in a larger map

After shooting this picture:
Von 20100405-OpoutereToWhitiangi

I needed to replace my back tube. Only three km into the day I had a flat tire. Sometimes a day can't start worse. I was tiring fairly quick while not even having done the first 20 km. Don't know maybe the sun after a cloudy weekend. Maybe the hills. At least the traffic was this time coming the way I was going. Perfect timing going further up the coast.

I took a break in Tairua and having a waffle before climbing the last big hill of the day. 240m difference in altitude. I think the Kiwis build their roads with the sole purpose of having a great lookout.

Von 20100405-OpoutereToWhitiangi
Von 20100405-OpoutereToWhitiangi

On days like this I really like to have a better camera. When I finally reached Whitianga and my really great hostel I was greeted with sunshine and really nice waves. My first action was going into the water. The first time since I reached New Zealand.

Von 20100405-OpoutereToWhitiangi
Von 20100405-OpoutereToWhitiangi

The single most important event that happened: The owner of the hostel is thinking about buying my bike. :) I am here two more nights. Maybe he will buy it and I won't have any problems in Auckland. Otherwise there is only one cycle trip left. Getting to Coromandel.

Keine Kommentare: