I have been thinking lately. Surprise. Sometimes I am really able to do something with this brain of mine. Essentially it is more because I am totally annoyed with travelling at the moment. Every other night sleeping in a different bed.
Mostly the same discussions and talks with other backpackers.
1. Where are You from?
2. Since when are You in New Zealand?
3. What are You doing next?
Mostly this is the correct order of things and if You think the other person is worthwhile after maybe 3 hours of talking:
By the way what is Your name?
Everything gets so predictable after a while. Now being again in a big city. I get up. Brush my teeth and do the normal bathroom stuff. Then on to Starbucks. Coffee. Venti Vanilla Latte and since I am in the southern hemisphere it is a banana (walnut) loaf cake instead of the marble loaf in Germany.
While at Starbucks I either read a book on my eBook Reader or like now I am surfing the internet. The weather is not to bad today so I will probably walk around today before I am meeting Tim.
The CBD of Auckland is one of the ugliest city centers I have ever been too. For a fast growing town and where most of the buildings are supposed to be new. Auckland lacks charm compared to London, Paris or Berlin. Maybe that will change in another 20 years. It will definitely change when this volcanic region finally erupts. The greater Auckland Area is overdue a 150 years. Someday somebody needs to explain to me, why You want to live on a dormant volcano.
Back to my days. I am planning my trip to OZ at the moment. OZ -> Aussi -> Australia. I am so unsure how long I will finally stay there and where my exit city will be. I like to see Sydney, Melbourne, Great Ocean Road, Ayers Rock and Alice Springs. But apart from that I don't want to spent that much time in Australia. After checking several ways to travel around in Australia I am nearly into buying a flexipass coach ticket. My hope is that then I will see a bit of the landscape instead of flying around. But I could rent a car too. Maybe I will find some travel companions. I just know it will be expensive and I need to decide when I will be leaving this country again. Are three weeks enough? Or should I take five? It would be so easy, if I don't need to worry about an exit ticket.
My time here in NZ grows short and I can't say that I am not happy to leave Kiwi-Country. I really liked it. But it is autumn now and the nights are fairly cold. I want to walk around in a T-Shirt again and not having a backpack full of warm clothes with me. Just in case that the weather turns 180° again.
The last few days I spent the early evening in the cinema. The movies range from bad (Daybreakers) to good (Cop Out). I am rediscovering this old hobby of mine, but it is an expensive one. Yeah I know. I should probably skip Starbucks too. If I am ever on the run from the police, they will catch me at a Starbucks and not because I am stupid, just because I can't help myself. At least the coffee was for free this morning, because yesterday the barista nearly forgot my coffee and I was waiting like five minutes, before I reminded him.
Why the hell did I book a flight back to Brisbane. I am making so many expensive mistakes with my travel plans. At least I did this particular mistake 2.5 month ago. Damn long time.
I am reducing my travel destinations lately. Somehow I don't want to go to Fidji, Bali or Malaysia at the moment. It is just another beach for me. The ultimate thought that crossed my mind was stop travelling altogether. Get back to Europe and start looking for a new job. But then I perhaps won't get this opportunity again. Mostly it is like those other projects I have been doing (work or hobby related) I simply am to stupid to give up. So I carry on even if I am not really happy now.
I am rambling. So I better stop. The next coffee is waiting and I still need to find a flight from Australia to Destination X
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen