Freitag, 30. April 2010

Brisbane to Surfers Paradise to Byron Bay

Oh. People. I feel like I am moving from one country to the next in a few hours of time.

Where Brisbane was really cosmopolitan with nice malls and a lot of business and the according towers. I found myself at the Goldcoast looking at even more towers but filled with hotels and apartments.
Von 20100428-SurfersParadise

For so many big buildings I expected the worst turkish coast with tourists as far as you can see. But it is fairly empty. Maybe because of the offseason. You find everything to cater the tourist but not much else. The waves look great for surfers but I would not swim in them. I definitely don't want to live here. But having a apartment in one of those towers with ocean view must be great.

Yesterday I moved on to Byron Bay. Again I felt like I was in a different country. No high houses. Most of the buildings have only two levels and everything cries small tourist town. It is far more relaxed and easy for the stressed out traveler. I can't imagine staying here more than two nights. But I think it is a great spot learn surfing. I won't do it now. Because I try to conserve some money for my real Aussie adventure, when I am finally going to the outback.

Tomorrow will see me further down the coast. Almost halfway down to Sydney in Coffs Harbour.

Keine Kommentare: