I still need some stuff, like an emergency blanket, first aid kit, shirt and pants. But otherwise I am nearly ready to go. I buy the stuff today and tomorrow I will repack my things. My big Backpack will be sent to Auckland and hopefully I will get it back, when I see Tim again. Hopefully because I don't have a clue about NZ postal service.
The first few legs are planned so far. At the moment it looks like I need to travel quite long distances in the beginning but there are not so many ascends. So I believe I should be able to do this. Later on when I am in the hills I will see how far I can get each day. I only hope that I find hostels or hotels that still have rooms. I don't want to buy a tent and sleeping bag. So that is why I still think that I am going to need the emergency blanket. It would be really unwise to not being prepared if there is a sudden inconvinenient rainshower.
By the way I dropped the idea to get from Bluff to Cape Reinga. The bus coaches won't guarantee to take me with them Invercargill. My bike is the last to go on the bus and only if it is not full already. So I will be travelling von Christchurch to Queenstown and then turning north again. I will miss quite a few attractions but maybe I will come back some day and then I will use a car.
I really have problems with the left side driving. Turning right and looking over the right shoulder takes a lot of thinking at the moment. Yesterday I was cycling on the wrong side of the street. Lucky me because there were no other cars when I acknowledged my mistake.
Have a nice day. Families and friends all over the world.
3 Kommentare:
Looks nice, how much?
1200 NZD for the bike. 1100 NZD for the other equipment. Like Mud Guard, Lights, Pants, Emergency and First Aid Kit.
So all in all 2300 NZD. 1150 Euro. I was ready to spent 2000 Euro for everything. But it was not necessary.
The bike itself is newer technology than my bike in germany but I believe all in all not that good in the quality department. If it breaks down I will decide how I will travel on. Either repairing or selling the bike.
Welcome to left side driving then! :) You get used to it pretty fast - I think I would have a problem driving on the right side by now...
Kommentar veröffentlichen