Freitag, 19. März 2010

Cycle Tour ( Day 13) Wellington Scenic Circuit (38.7km)

After relaxing my first days in Wellington and having a nice evening on St. Patricks Day. I went for the Wellington Scenic Circuit today.


View Cycle Tour New Zealand in a larger map

Essentially going around the peninsula and looking at the ocean. Start and end are at my hostel directly located in the city. I was going with really light luggage and equipment. I did not want to take all my stuff for this trip and boy, cycling can be so easy.

Von 20100319-WellingtonScenicCircuit
Von 20100319-WellingtonScenicCircuit
Von 20100319-WellingtonScenicCircuit
Von 20100319-WellingtonScenicCircuit

It was rather windy on several parts of the road. But while going in a circuit it means tailwind and headwind. Without pushing myself to hard and taking a few breaks I was back in the city after three hours of cycling.

The best way to this route depends on your preference. One steep climb at the beginning and then a flat road means counter clockwise. An easy but really long climb at the end means clockwise. I went clockwise. After cycling up the back of Mt. Cook I am not sure enough if I really want to go to the lookout on Mt. Victoria tomorrow. Maybe I am just relaxing my day away.

I booked my train to National Park for monday. Two more full days in Wellington left.

Keine Kommentare: