Sonntag, 28. März 2010

So many decisions...

The last few hours I was planning my next stops and having a further outlook on my trip including the budget. Right at the moment I am a bit fed up, with the really touristic parts of New Zealand. I can spent a lot of money in each town and would find a great experience. But that just shortens my trip in the long term.

Australia will not be any different. At least it will be far more expensive. Bunkbeds should cost almost the double than in NZ. I am really not looking forward to it. On the other hand I just took a peak at accommodations in SE Asia (Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam). Maybe I should really head there. It is cheap. The landscape is amazing and the culture is several thousand years older than NZ and Australia.

I went looking for a flight to Fiji and I really think at the moment that this sidetrip will not be worthwhile and really expensive. Fiji has some nice beaches to offer and I did another notch in my gun. But the same is true for SE Asia and I need to go there anyway on my way back to Germany.

I am fairly sure, that I will cut my trip to Australia one month shorter and only doing major attractions. For instance skipping Hobart, because Tasmania is only a small version of New Zealand according to a few people I have met. I am not sure about going the additional way up the coast from Brisbane but perhaps I should really go straight on to Sydney. I need to decide too, if I like to take the bus or if I start flying.

Right now I just want to lie somewhere at a beach. End of the coming week I will do exactly that. Opoutere sounds like a nice undeveloped retreat and I was really lucky to get a room on Easter Weekend. I will probably and hopefully arrive in Auckland on 9th or 10th of april with the last real cycle day will be the trip to Coromandel the day before.

Sometimes I think I should start looking for work. It is really nice, that there are still several inquiries to several of my networking accounts. So it should not be to hard to get back into business.

Keine Kommentare: