Montag, 29. März 2010

Hells Gate

They promised me in the brochure that I don't need to heed the warnings and that I just want to hug the path. Somehow it was not that exciting.

After walking a bit through the city yesterday.

Von 20100329-RotoruaAndHellsGate

I was picked up early in the morning to visit another thermal field. Hells Gate. This is the entrance:
Von 20100329-RotoruaAndHellsGate
Von 20100329-RotoruaAndHellsGate
Von 20100329-RotoruaAndHellsGate
Von 20100329-RotoruaAndHellsGate

Almost all of the pools where beyond 90°C and therefor cooking. That is why you can get your thrill when you hold your hand into one of those pools.

Von 20100329-RotoruaAndHellsGate

Ok... You are right it is only 38°C in that pool. But it could have been cooking... ;) Just imagine cooked Klaus.

Under the line. Nice scenery, no thrill and to expensive for one hour of fun.

Tomorrow I will be cycling again. Something aroud 70km. Back down to the coast. Beaches here I come.

Keine Kommentare: