View Cycle Tour New Zealand in a larger map
I went from Taupo on a parallel route to the SH5 and was hopeful that I won't encounter much traffic. And my guess was good. I had a blast sunshine the whole way. Nice highland scenery always with a few steam outlets. It was exactly what I wanted. The first 45km just flew by and I did not really realize that I was already on the road for 2.5 hours.
All good things come to an end when I was going back on to SH5. But after a few km I met the participants in a cycle race. They where all coming from the direction where I intended to go. One of the track guides told me that I was going in the wrong direction. *smile* It was a big race. With at least four separate start groups. There where a lot of nice people in the field who even had time to great me. By the way I was really surprised how many accidents happen during a race. I was passing several minor injuries and saw the ambulance at least seven times.
After this intermezzo I had 30 more kilometers to go and it was the beginning of the nearly 15km climb. The last hill before it goes all the way down to Rotorua. I was expecting it and it was rather easy. I was not fast and needed to take several breaks but I was cycling the nearly 300m altitude difference all the way up to the pass. I arrived half past one after 5.5 hours of cycling in the city of Rotorua.
| Von 20100327-ToRotorua |
| Von 20100327-ToRotorua |
I simply don't know what I want to do here. Somehow the city has very little appeal to me and I lost my interest in doing something Maori. It is saturday. Maybe I find some people to go in to a bar.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen