The morning started fairly normal. I got up but was to excited to eat anything. That is why my I was waiting far to early for my pickup. When they finally drove up to the hostel I was surprised by a white stretch limo.
We went to the airport of Taupo and after a nice greeting I was watching a video about what to expect. Nothing special. The three girls in the video where especially cheerful. I was not that enthusiastic. But at least I was not crying like the girl whose boyfriend went on to the plane with us.
A few minutes later I met my skydive partner/pilot/savior how ever you call this guy. Laci was pretty cool and with his really professional behaviour you really felt safe. We geared up and got into the plane. The company is quite sure of themselves otherwise I can't think why they did not want to get paid before the skydive. But after coming down in the plane again after reaching 15000 feet or 4500 meter because we could not jump, I finally understood there reasoning. So no refund and free scenic flight of Taupo for all of us.
We were rescheduled for two o'clock in the afternoon. But the clouds did not break up. So rescheduled again and started watching Return of the King when I finally got the green light. Again driving with the limo to the airport. Everybody was expecting me already. Gearing up again and wow...
![]() |
| Von 20100325-SkydiveTaupo |
![]() |
| Von 20100325-SkydiveTaupo |
...it was amazing. Awesome. I still can't decide if the Haast Downhill with 40km/h is more exciting than the skydive or not. Definitely both are at the top of the experiences here in New Zealand. The close third are the AJ Hackett Nevis Bungy Jump and the Canyon Swing.
The first few seconds where disorienting but then you start finally taking in the view and scenery and landscape and clouds and sea and aeroplanes and the camera guy. When third part of the experience starts you already can't imagine how different it is to sail down on a parachute than free falling.
| Von 20100325-SkydiveTaupo |
![]() |
| Von 20100325-SkydiveTaupo |
| Von 20100325-SkydiveTaupo |
I am alive and kicking ass. ;)



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen