Donnerstag, 4. März 2010

Cycle Tour ( Day 8) Franz Josef Glacier to The Old Church Backpackers (90km)

Today I did not know if I would find a accommodation. So I tried for Hari Hari. But on the way there I met with Guido again, who stayed in a hotel on my way. He overtook me at Mt. Hercules and we rode a while together until he mentioned the old church. The best BBH Hostel in New Zealand. Should be in the middle of nowhere. So I was feeling fine and so I decided that should be my goal for this day.

We travelled most of the day the Scenic Poison Road. It is called that way because the stupid Kiwi Goverment will dump 90% of the production of 1080 all over a 115km area to kill possums, because they are a carrier of TB (whatever TB is). Meanwhile poisoning the whole food chain. So I will not buy anymore food of New Zealand coming may to september.


Cycle Tour New Zealand auf einer größeren Karte anzeigen

Here is a selection of my pictures of the day. The whole day can be found on picasa.

Early morning at my breakfast stop:
Von 20100303-FranzJosefToOldChurchBackpackers

This is a sandfly:
Von 20100303-FranzJosefToOldChurchBackpackers

The Old Church:
Von 20100303-FranzJosefToOldChurchBackpackers

It is very nicely located at a river, but there is really nothing else.
Von 20100303-FranzJosefToOldChurchBackpackers

Keine Kommentare: