What is the first thing to do? Right: Booking bus and ferry to Wellington. ;) By the way I was thinking this morning about some important stuff. I bought a bus ticket to Picton a small town I really don't want to see to get to the ferry in time to leave the same day. So the ticket cost like 39 NZD. If I would have taken the bike I needed someplace to stay in Picton and I would have needed to go eat in a restaurant, because I don't carry much food, when I am cycling. Let's say accommodation including dinner would be 50 NZD. Now the question is: did I actually save 11 NZD while not cycling?
After planning the escape I went to my first objective of the day. The saturday market here in Nelson. It was nice. Maybe because I was done after 15 minutes of window shopping. But I believe it was more the fact that there where so many special NZ stuff on display and not like in germany, where you just know what will be next.
After that it was Starbucks time, before I went to the cathedral on Trafalgar Square.
| Von 20100313-Nelson |
Not as old as the last few cathedrals I have been too. But here in New Zealand nothing is old. It was nice but not really a dayfilling activity. So after buying dinner and booking the hostel for Wellington I went cycling. Destination: Centre of New Zealand. Actually it means the geographical center of New Zealand.
| Von 20100313-Nelson |
Nobody can tell me, that it is a big random thing that the actual center is right on top of a hill in Nelson. By all means. The very top of the hill? This would be very convenient for a lookout over Nelson.
| Von 20100313-Nelson |
That was by the way one of the most stupid things I have done during my holiday so far. I was talking to my roommate yesterday what she has done the day. She told me something like this:
I have been to the Centre of NZ. *shrug*She did not sound very enthusiastic about it.
In the evening we asked the old guy from the room next door, what he has done the day:
I have been to the Centre of NZ. *shrug*He did not sound impressed either.
So I was standing at the bottom of the hill looking at the map and there was a MTB track on it. Maybe I can push the bike up this side of the hill and cycling down the other side? Cycling was not allowed where I was starting. So I started pushing until I was up that damn hill. 15 minutes killing myself. And for what? Imagine it. The cycle track was going uphill from my point. So I was cycling a 4WD Track up the hill until I reached the downhill part. You may guess what happened now.
Right. It was to damn steep to actually go down cycling. I had street tires with almost no profile and it was to damn dangerous to sit on the bike while going down. So I was pushing/pulling again. Oh man I really must hate myself. But seems like I don't hat myself enough to actually cycle down a steep zigzag. So what did I do today?
I have been to the Centre of NZ. *shrug*Two more days in Nelson. Don't know what I should do tomorrow.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen